25 Jan Participating as Replicate-H2020-Smart Cities & Communities WP Replication Leader at ‘Replication Workshop: From Follower to Lighthouse City for Smarter Cities’ in Brussels (26/01/18, Belgium)
Dr Calzada, as member of the Future of Cities and ESRC Urban Transformations, COMPAS, at the University of Oxford, participated as partner representative and WP leader of Replication of Replicate EU project, in the ‘Replication Workshop: From Follower to Lighthouse City for Smarter Cities’ organised by EU-INEA in Brussels.
Mr Georges Ohana (Lausanne City Council), Mr Kai Lipsius (Essen City Council), Dr Igor Calzada (University of Oxford) and Mr Baha Kuban & Ms Esra Demir (Nilufer City Council), Replicate WP8. Former Follower Cities, current Fellow Cities working with the rest of the consortium in the City-to-City-Learning.
Full team of Replicate horizontal-network with Lighthouse and Fellow cities: Ms Esra Demir (Nilufer City Council), Mr Kai Lipsius (Essen City Council), Mr Baha Kuban (Nilufer City Council), Ms Alessandra Barbieri (Firenze City Council), Dr Igor Calzada (University of Oxford), Ms Sarah Lee (Bristol City Council), Mr Georges Ohana (Lausanne City Council), Ms Eli Jorge & Ms Nora Mendoza (Donostia City Council).
The event was disseminated via #EUSmartCities.
Alongside this project, Dr Calzada from the University of Oxford, has produced several publications as outcomes by contributing to the smart city policy and strategic debate to assist replication processes as city-to-city learning coordinated practices by addressing urban transformational implications:
- Calzada, I. & Cowie, P. (2017), Beyond Data-Driven Smart City-Regions? Rethinking Stakeholder-Helixes Strategies. Regions 308(4): 25-28. (ISSN: 1367-3882). DOI: 10.1080/13673882.2017.11958675.
- Calzada, I. (2017) From Smart Cities to Experimental Cities? In Vincenzo Mario Bruno Giorgino and Zachary David Walsh (eds), Co-Designing Economies in Transition: Radical Approaches in Dialogue with Contemplative Social Sciences. London, UK: Palgrave Macmillan. [In Print]
- Calzada, I. (2017), Problematizing and Politicizing Smart City-Regions: Is Devolution Smart?, Territorio, Special Issue ‘From Smart City to Smart Region. Meanings, Governance, Policies and Projects’. (ISSN: 1825-8689) [In Print]
- Satyam, A. & Calzada, I. (2017), The Smart City Transformations. The Revolution of the 21st Century. New Delhi, New York, Sydney and London: Bloomsbury Academic and Professional Publishing. ISBN-10: 9386349043 & ISBN-13: 978-9386349040.
- Calzada, I. (2017), The Techno-Politics of Data and Smart Devolution in City-Regions: Comparing Glasgow, Bristol, Barcelona, and Bilbao. Systems Journal 5(1): 1-18. Special Issue ‘Smart Cities and Regions as Systems of Innovation’ (ISSN 2079-8954). DOI: 10.3390/systems5010018
- Calzada, I. (2016), (Un)Plugging Smart Cities with Urban Transformations: Towards Multistakeholder City-Regional Complex Urbanity? URBS, Revista de Estudios Urbanos y Ciencias Sociales Journal 6(2): 25-45. (ISSN: 2014-2714). Retrieved from: http://www2.ual.es/urbs/index.php/urbs/article/view/calzada.
- Keith, M. & Calzada, I. (2017), European Urban Living Labs As Experimental City-to-City Learning Platforms, Urban Transformations ESRC report on 13th February 2017 Workshop entitled ‘Experimenting with Urban Living Labs (ULLs) Beyond Smart City-Regions’. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.20968.47361.
- Keith, M. & Calzada, I. (2016), European Smart Citizens as Decision Makers Rather Thank Data Providers, Urban Transformations ESRC report on 14th November 2016 Workshop entitled ‘(Un)Plugging Data in Smart City-Regions‘. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.11175.14240.
- Calzada, I. (2016), HerriSmarTIK: Basque Smart City-Regional Strategy in the H2020 European Context / La Estrategia Vasca de Territorio Inteligente en el Contexto Europeo Horizonte 2020: De la Agenda Digital Municipal a la Gobernanza de la Ciudad-Región Vasca Inteligente – HERRISMARTIK commissioned by EUDEL (Basque Municipalities’ Association), LKS Consultancy and the Basque Regional Government, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Information Society Department. Zumaia: Translokal – Academic Entrepreneurship for Policy Making. ISBN: 978-84-946385-1-0. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.10932.76161
- Calzada, I. (2016), (Un)Plugging Smart Cities Transformations and Strategies in Europe, Harvard University Whitepaper contribution given on 13th October at 2016 Strategic Innovation Summit: Smart Cities Europe held by the Dublin City Council and the Technology and Entrepreneurship Center at Harvard University in Dublin, Maynooth University. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.34524.80000.
- Calzada, I. & Cobo, C. (2015), Unplugging: Deconstructing the Smart City. Journal of Urban Technology 22(1): 23-43. DOI: 10.1080/10630732.2014.971535.
Here is the full programme.