Some notes for an Lecture&Pedagogical Open Roadmap:
Zer faltan/Zer soberan?
I wrote down some Thematical Roadmap for Erasmus students at the University of Mondragon, Business Faculty. 1.- Aims, 2.- Competences and 3.- Thematic Index. It is under construction and should be really dynamic&changeable.
This optional subject is a perfect way for those Erasmus students that enroll at the University of Mondragon to go in-deep into the Basque Country, meeting in a practical way its update culture, life and people. The first aim is to be practical and not theoretical boring lessons. Due to this, the subject is going to be organized in thematic Workshops. The idea is that the Erasmus students could meet just immediately the cultural atmosphere, events and the cultural life in whole the Basque Country. Do you hear something about the basques and its uniqueness?
Did you know Negu Gorriak, Ruper Ordorika or Delorean? Guggenheim & Athlectic de Bilbao? Loreak Mendian or Skunk Funk? Gastronomy&Pintxos? Mithology? Bertsolaritza? Oteiza? Atxaga or Cano? Basque Pelota? Do you want to learn some words or useful expressions in Basque Language?
Come to the Basque Culture subject & your culture is going to be listened by us. You are going to be a part of the Basque Country&Culture immediately and we are going to conduct participative and dynamic Workshops in class. Participation and facilitation via technology and social networks is going to be a part of this subject.Come right now & be part of the nowadays Basque Culture! You are more than welcome :)
· 1.- To know Basque Culture current situation by examples.
· 2.- To contextualized the update Basque Culture in the global and European Union scope.
· 3.- To discuss about what do students think about that.
· 4.- To see real projects related to the Basque Culture and its external projection.
· 5.- To enrich the knowledge of the students about what is in real the Basque Culture and how could they go in deep?
· 6.- To show different thematical contents about Basque Culture in order to open new knowledge windows to the students.
· 7.- To link to the current Basque Society’s social, cultural, linguistical and entrepreneurial reality.
· 8.- To enhance how relevant is to know the Basque Culture to live, enjoy, feel, study and work in the Basque Country.
· 9.- To enable students to think about local and global business/social projects taking into account the current and real Basque Culture.
3.- THEMATIC INDEX:
· 0.- Traditions: From Oñati (or Bilbao) to the rest of the Basque
Country&World. Ethnographic perspective: From Barandiaran to the Alarde. Which is the real value of the traditions?
· 1.- Mithology: Basque magic tradition. From Akelarre to Gernika.
· 2.- Music: From Basque Radical Rock Movement and Negu Gorriak to nowadays Delorean, Ken7 & others.
· 3.- Literature: From Bernardo Atxaga to Harkaitz Cano. New basque writers young generation.
· 4.- Basque songwriting & oral tradition: Mikel Laboa, Ruper Ordorika and Bertsolaritza.
· 5.- Fashion: Loreak Mendian, Skunk Funk & basque clothing global brands worldwide.
· 6.- Film: International Film Festival and its influence in the global culture. St. Sebastian Festival.
· 7.- Gastronomy: From pintxos to the High-Gastronomy. Old&New Generation: Arzak&Aduriz. Basque Culinary Center.
· 8.- Art&Graffitti: Basque Country history on the walls and streets. From Oteiza to young global basque artists. Guggenheim as a local and global phenomenon. Basques in the world.
· 9.- Rural sports: Pelota & others.· 10.- Urban sports: Skating, Biking & others.
Sources: Dr. Joseba Zulaika, Ph.D., Dr. William Douglass, Ph.D., Paddy Woodworth, Mark Kurlansky & others.
Conducted by: Dr. Igor Calzada, Ph.D.